Thursday, July 20, 2006

"I Want To Break Free..."

Someone who doesn't seem to mind the hot weather at the moment is Kieran! He just loves to sneak by without me watching and escape into the back garden. Fortunatly our garden is rather large (well, 54ft long), and he has lots to explore. I'm sure however that if he could talk he would tell me to cut the grass. Its like a jungle at the moment.

As you can tell from the picture, the poor little sod has a bit of a sweat going.

I'm having problems with my PC at the moment. The bloody thing keeps crashing for no apparent reason. I think it may be a driver issue with my graphics card. For some reason, when I was playing Dreamfall the other week the game wouldn't run properly with nVidia's latest GeForce drivers so I had to downgrade to the 81.98 drivers. Now, since I've upgraded back to the latest 91.31 drivers, I've been having problems galore. Hopefully nVidia will release some sort of fix for this as it is really p*%!ing me off! I'm amazed I've been able to write this post without the computer crashing on me.

3 comments:

  1. hehe maybe your son getting lost in the garden should be an incentive to hack it down!!

    As for the computer - Jo's keep falling over as well, but I am 99% certain it's the heat, even with the case open. Stupid ATi and their stupid graphics cards without fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be the heat thats causing it to crash.

    Howerever, after having a look on the net, I've found several other people have had the same thing happen to them and they reckon its to do with the drivers as well. The GFX card I have is a GeForce 6600GT with 256Mb onboard. Did I hear that you have the same card Dan? If so, what drivers are you currently using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the very same card I am using, and it's running smoother than a babes backside.

    I'm not using the newest drivers - I find a set that are stable for World of Warcraft and stick with them - currently running 84.21 and never had a crash in any game due to drivers/gfx.

    You can get them from here.

    ReplyDelete