Friday, August 11, 2006

Grand Prix Circuit 2006 Remix

Here is another song which I literally wrote is just over 30 minutes this afternoon. Its another Commodore 64 remix, this time based on the theme tune to Electronic Arts/Accolade's "Grand Prix Circuit". The original version was written by Kris Hatlelid in1988.

The unique thing about this song is that it is the first ever 'chip' song that I have ever written. The original XM file that I was working on while writing this tune (in Skaletracker, before converting it to MP3 for you to listen to here) came in at an amazing 46k which is really small for me - hard to believe that in theory, the song could easily be loaded up into the Commodore 64's ram and still have 8k left over!!!

Anyway, I hope you like it, and please leave comments... good or bad.

Download my "Grand Prix Circuit 06 Remix" MP3 here.

Speaking of which..... is there anybody out there who is actually reading my blog? Please leave a comment as I'd hate to think that I'm doing this for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you again soon for my next post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment