Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Christmas has come early!

I've been spending my money again, this time on another handheld console to add to my ever growing collection - a GP2x.

I've got its predecessor, the GP32, but this little beauty can do so much more. It can be used as a multimedia player and can play most common music file types, view pictures, watch XVID, DIVX and other movie types all on the go (useful when on those long journeys!!) Of course, the main reason I purchased one was for its ability to emulate so many old computers and consoles.

Already on my 1gb card which is installed inside it, I have the following emulators (plus countless number of games) -
Commodore 64
Commodore Plus 4
Commodore Amiga
Sega Megadrive
Atari ST
Atari 800XL
Archimedes (Yep Dan, Stunt Racer 2000 on the go!!!)
Gameboy
Gameboy Advance
MSDOS
SNES
NES
PlayStation (albeit a little sluggish, but I got Resident Evil running fairly well on it).

It can even emulate the very first computer I had - the Philips G7000!!

Specs :-

Dual-core CPU: 240MHz ARM920T host, 240MHz ARM940T NAND
Flash ROM: 64 MB
RAM: SDRAM 64 MB
Operating System: Linux-based OS
Storage: SD Card (Mine currently has a 1Gb card installed)
Connection to PC: USB 2.0 High Speed
USB Host: USB 1.1
Power: 2 × AA battery or via AC adapter
Display: 320×240 3.5 inch, 260,000 colors TFT LCD
TV output

No comments:

Post a Comment