Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Touch of Wind

As most people in the UK know, we had a pretty bad storm hit us on Thursday, and it left it's mark here in Evesham - namely our back garden. It now looks like a war zone with rubbish all over the place, and several fence panels and poles snapped and broken beyond repair.

We just had a local company pop round to give us a quote on how much it is all going to cost to get it repaired --- £300!!
-
It's worse when you've got a neighbour who doesn't work, and has no intention of looking for work, who sponges of the government and who won't help pay a penny for a new fence (not even to pay half) even though it would benefit him as well.
-
You get people who are too ill to work and those who are looking for work but just cant get a job - those people are fine.... Its the ones who claim everything from the government, who CAN work if they want to, but choose not to and make everybody else pay for them so that they can sit on their backsides all day.
-
BUGGER ME! I'm going off topic... Sorry, I'll just step down from my soapbox.
-
Oh well, its not all doom and gloom. It seems as though my promotion to ICT Network Manager (including hefty pay increase) at the school is looking like its going to actually happen very soon. I've heard that they do not plan to advertise for the position and that I've got an interview on the 9th February (more of a formality than anything being as I'll be the only candidate!). It seems that everyone including the headmaster are very pleased with how I've performed over the past few years. They then want to start interviewing candidates to take over my current position later in the month.
-
Anyway, I'll shut up now - don't wanna put a hex on the whole thing. Fingers crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment