Thursday, February 08, 2007

SNOW!!! AT LAST!!!

At last, after 5 years living in Evesham we have finally had our first really big downfall of snow in years!! I got up ready to go to work only to listen on the radio that Evesham High School was closed - YIPPEEE!! Assuming the school is open tomorrow, I've only got one more day to work and then I'm off again next week for half-term.

For Kieran, this morning was the first time that he has ever seen a lot of snow. We had a little dusting last year but that melted the same day.

We popped out, and after falling over a couple of times, he wanted to come back indoors. I think the snow was a little too cold for him. We're going to go out later today and build him his first snowman once the snow stops falling.


Of course, all this snow is nowhere near as bad as the big freeze we had way back in 1991 - and as I recall, nowhere near as much fuss was made about that. Its funny how the whole country comes to a standstill because of a few inches of snow - What about all these other countries who get it all the time? Its not just snow though - Its any kind of weather, whether it's freezing ice, scorching hot sun, fog, rain... You can guarantee that the news and tabloids make it sound worse than it actually is.

Still, I'm not going to complain about the schools closing - I got myself a day off work because of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment