Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Techie Alert!!

Bit of a techie post today. I've spent the last two days at school finishing the installation of our new server - our 4th one, and a lovely new toy for me to play with!!

It's an HP Proliant ML350 server with 2Gb ram, Dual-core Xeon Processor with 6x 300gb hot-swappable drives with a Lightscribe DVD writer and HP Ultrium 448i tape drive. It's all been set up and ready for the start of the new term in two weeks time.

I also had a go with playing on a Nintendo Wii for the first time today. I must admit, I haven't been that impressed with the software titles that are currently available for the console, but we set the console up in one of the classrooms and played Wii Sports using one of the interactive whiteboards via a projector and it was great fun - I especially liked the Bowling and Golf games. I'm actually tempted to get one myself now!

1 comment:

  1. Now THAT is the sort of computer I need here - none of this "cobbled together" PC or Laptop lark! hehe

    ReplyDelete