Sunday, February 15, 2009

Farewell, my beloved 64

Today is a very, very sad day.... After nearly 22 days, my beloved Commodore 64 has finally given up on me and died.

Actually, in honesty it does still work, but the SID chip (Sound Interface Device) has stopped working, and a Commodore 64 with no sound is about as good as a completely dead C64 anyway.

Still, through the wonders of Ebay I have been able to purchase a replacement, which is great because once I get it I will be able to use my newly aquired C64TPC device for transfering all my old programs from tapes to my PC for eternal preservation!


'Oh 64... you've been with me for such a long time....
I was but 10 years old when my fingers first caressed your keys.
You helped me through school, and during bad times.
I owe you so much.
I may have neglected you when I got my Commodore Amiga in 1992, but even now, with my PC, Laptops, PlayStation 3 and other computers and game consoles, you have always had a special place in my heart......'

I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment