Thursday, October 26, 2006

Resident Evil 4 PS2 on PC?

I like emulators.... Great little things they are! I have a reasonable spec PC which can play all of the latest games, and a good GFX card too, but I tend to spend most of my time emulating Commodore 64s, Spectrums, Philips G7000's, Atari's etc.

I thought I'd try this one out... A PS2 emulator on the PC. I've got loads of great games on my PS2 which I'd love to play on my PC............


Yep, thats Resident Evil 4 running on my PC!! I downloaded the latest build of the PS2 emulator PCSX2, not expecting it to work as I thought we were still far away from a working emulator only to watch the opening sequence run, and then the title screen, and then the actual game, and it plays pretty well too!!! The sound isn't 100% (no speech) though, but the game runs at an ok speed... Playable at least!

I'm well chuffed!

I long for the day when we just have one system, rather than having to go out and buy different consoles and computers just to play certain games.

No comments:

Post a Comment